STAND TO WIN R500 in VOUCHERS
Date these rules were first published: 22 March 2023
Date these rules were amended: None
- HOW THIS COMPETITION WORKS
The promoter of this competition is Minit Money / Centbee (Pty) Ltd, with Registration Number: 2017/014560/07 (“Centbee”). In these rules we refer to Centbee and Minit Money as the promoter. We refer to participants and winners as “you”.
Minit Money is giving four winners the chance to win R500 in grocery vouchers from Pick n Pay (or a similar alternative) between 22 March 2023 – 21 April 2023 when they transact (send money) with their Minit Money app. Users will be notified of the promotion through SMS or on social media.
Centbee reserves the right to extend or amend the competition. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
On 24 April 2023 Minit Money (Centbee) will select 4 winners by randomly drawing a name from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by Centbee by calling the mobile number that was registered with their existing Minit Money account.
Centbee is not liable for competition notifications that were not received, delayed or faulty in-app notifications or delays in reading sms communication for whatever reason. Promotions are only valid during the period published by Minit Money, as per the below rules:
- Win R500 in grocery vouchers
Send money with Minit Money between 22 March 2023 – 21 April 2023 and stand to win a grocery voucher worth R500. 4 winners will be selected at random. Applicants are required to send money before 21 April (until 12am midnight (24:00)) the same day to qualify. The winner will be selected on 24 April March 2023 and notified within 5 working days. This prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize. The prize will be sent to the mobile number and network associated with the winner’s Minit Money account. Centbee is not responsible nor will be required to resend the prize if the mobile number or network associated with the winner’s Minit Money account is incorrect. Centbee reserves the right to substitute the prize with a package of similar market value. Winners cannot nominate an alternate mobile number to receive the prize.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE COMPETITION?
Any natural person with a valid South African ID, or valid ID from the corridors in which Minit Money operates in, who has completed their KYC in terms of Minit Money’s AML Policy and sent money with the Minit Money App between 22 March 2023 – 21 April 2023. Please note that the promoter is not responsible to assist any person to open or create a Minit Money account The following persons may not take part in the competition and will be disqualified. They will forfeit (give up) or refund any prizes awarded to them:
- Centbee’s employees, advisors, board members and consultants and their immediate family members.
- Any person that is involved in running or marketing this competition, or awarding any prizes.
- Any of Minit Money’s brand ambassadors and their immediate family members.
- HOW WILL THE WINNER BE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED?
The winner will be chosen through a random draw from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by telephone or text message. If the promoter is not able to get hold of you within 5 (five) days after making reasonable efforts to do so, or you do not claim your prize on time, you will forfeit (lose) your prize and the promoter can randomly draw a new winner from eligible entries.
- GENERAL RULES THAT APPLY
- While prize winners may be asked to take part in publicity for the competition, prize winners have the right to refuse to do so. If you agree to take part in publicity, you give the promoter and its affiliates the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name to promote or publicise the competition, including the right to publish your name. Your name may also be announced on the promoter’s website and any other social media platforms used to promote the competition. The promoter retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winner of the competition.
- You may not misuse the competition in any way.
- You must comply with all the terms & conditions and privacy policies that apply to Minit Money.
- You must obtain at your own expense all equipment and services that are necessary to gain access to the app to take part in this competition.
- The promoter can put in place such technical or other remedies it considers appropriate to prevent abuse, or to protect any website, wallet, our systems and other users.
- The promoter shall not be liable to you for any disruption to the competition, because of technical or other problems, which is beyond its reasonable control. If there is disruption to the competition the promoter will, where possible, take reasonable steps to fix any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received for any reason, including, because they have been lost, or not received due to interrupted internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions.
- Any fraudulent entries will be disqualified.
You agree to indemnify the promoter fully for any loss or damage the promoter may suffer because you breached the competition rules. This means you agree to reimburse the promoter for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs of an attorney and own client scale.
You also agree to indemnify the promoter for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter yourself or send money to Ghana or Uganda through the app, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition.
You will protect the promoter from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because you: a)¨WYg21 breached the competition rules b) took part in this competition or c) any person used a prize.
- If you fail to comply with any part of these rules you will be disqualified and you will give up (forfeit) any prize(s).
- Unless the promoter says otherwise you must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Automated or bulk entries will be disqualified.
- You are responsible for the tax associated with using or accepting any prize.
- You may not attempt to do anything to change the outcome of the competition in any way.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This means you cannot appeal any decision by the judges.
- The promoter has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and agree that you will have no rights against the promoter.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. The promoter can change the rules of the competition throughout the duration of the competition. For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended will be shown below the heading. It is your responsibility to check the rules for amendments.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- Where any dates or times need to be calculated in terms of this agreement, the international standard time: GMT plus two hours will be used.
While the promoter may allow you extra time to comply with your obligations or decide not to exercise some or all of our rights, or waive certain requirements, the promoter can still insist on the strict application of any or all of its rights at a later stage. You must not assume that this means that the rules have been changed or that it no longer applies to you. You must send all legal notices to Centbee, Workshop 17, Workshop 17, The Bank, Corner Tyrwhitt and 24 Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg.
- This competition and its rules will be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa regardless of where you live or work, or where or how you enter.
- If you have questions about these rules please email: firstname.lastname@example.org